- Business Programs
- HUBZone Program
This national program gives Federal contracting preferences to qualified small businesses located in Historically Underutilized Business Zones in order to increase employment opportunities, stimulate capital investment and promote economic development.
Federal Contracting Opportunities for Hubzone Businesses
- Three percent of all federal prime contract dollars is targeted to HUBZone businesses. HUBZone contracting government-wide in FY2012 was $8.1 billion and FY2013 was $6.2 billion
- Set-aside awards
- Sole source awards
- 10 percent price evaluation preference (PEP) in full and open contract competitions
- Subcontracting opportunities
Hubzone Eligibility Requirements
- Principal office located in a HUBZone
- At least 35 percent of employees must reside in a HUBZone
- Small by SBA standards for selected NAICS codes
- Ownership and control by at least 51 percent U.S. citizens
View the Small Business Administration HUBZone Program webpage for more information.
Identifying HUBZone Addresses
To officially identify HUBZone addresses, utilize the SBA HUBZone Map.
SBA HUBZone Program Conference Call Assistance
Conference call assistance is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2 to 3 p.m. ET via toll free number at 1-888-858-2144, access code 1875223#. Participants influence the topics by their questions. HUBZone staff facilitate discussion by providing the answers, and introducing specific topics as time allows. Provides opportunity to learn how to maintain eligibility, to decrease the possibility of an initial application being declined, or prevent decertified after certification.