CARES Act Small Business Assistance Program
CARES Act Small Business Outdoor Dining Assistance Program
Fredericksburg City Council on October 13, 2020, expressed support for using a portion of the City’s CARES Act funds for a Small Business Assistance Program for purchases that foster outdoor seating, particularly heaters. It was determined that a $2,000 maximum grant could be made to each small business. The grants are first-come, first served and are reimbursement based. Receipts for approved heaters will need to be submitted along with approval from the Fire Marshall. Please see guidelines for heaters from the Fire Marshall below:
To be eligible businesses are expected to meet each of the following criteria.
- Have one or more physical locations in the City of Fredericksburg (22401).
- Be current on all City tax obligations prior to March 1, 2020, fully permitted and currently open for business. Will be verified by the Commissioner of the Revenue.
- Have been in business in the City of Fredericksburg with all appropriate permits and licenses.
- Have documented costs of business interruption caused by COVID-19 required closures (not already funded in the City of Fredericksburg’s small business grants).
- Be a for-profit business.
- Complete an application form, certify that all answers are true and accurate, and agree to the application’s terms and conditions.
- Materials and equipment must have been purchased after July 1, 2020 and must be for the purpose of extending outdoor dining season.
If approved, applicants may be required to submit additional information for verification. All information submitted by application or in addition is subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
All businesses interested in a grant need to submit the below application.
Applicants are encouraged to contact Fredericksburg’s Department of Economic Development and Tourism with questions by e-mailing Bill Freehling, EDT Director, or Amy Peregoy, Economic Development Specialist/EDA Assistant Secretary.