Website Conversion Matching Grants Fact Sheet
The purpose of this grant program is to assist small, City of Fredericksburg businesses retain their website presence, remain relevant and competitive in developing their respective companies.
The Fredericksburg Economic Development Authority (EDA) has established a matching grant program to help existing Fredericksburg small businesses continue their website presence. The EDA has engaged Vectec Solutions, to manage the program and projects. Vectec Solutions will meet with interested small businesses, advise on the type of project that will help them achieve their goals, develop a scope of work and a price and forward the package to the Fredericksburg Department of Economic development and Tourism who then make the grant awards on behalf of the EDA.
Vectec Solutions services include:
- Information technology strategic plans that are free of vendor basis
- Search engine optimization assessment (with implementation if necessary)
- Website mobile friendly/responsive conversion design and development
Grants are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Maximum awards for Fredericksburg existing small private businesses are $500 each.
Grant Process / How Program Works
Interested businesses must first contact the Fredericksburg Department of Economic Development and Tourism at 540-372-1216 or may contact Vectec Solutions at 757-243-8700, or email. Vectec Solutionss usual client interview process will determine eligibility. Projects must be legal, ethical and commercially viable, and project potential (job growth and retention, increased revenues, etc.) is assessed.
- Each grant award is subject to the prior review and approval of Fredericksburg Department of Economic Development and Tourism.
- Fredericksburg businesses must show proof of current location/business license/business taxes along with their online grant application.
- Approved Fredericksburg grant recipients pay their portion of the project cost at time of signing the Vectec Solutions Agreement and Statement of Work. This is a matching grant program and participating businesses are required to provide the cash match up front to Vectec.
- Fredericksburg EDA grant funds are paid to Vectec Solutions upon project completion.
Contact Vectec Solutions with questions at 757-243-8700, or email.
See the Vectec Flyer (PDF) for additional information.
Fredericksburg city employees, employee spouses, EDA Board Members, spouses or other city officials and spouses are not eligible to participate in grant program.