E-Commerce Matching Grant Program Fact Sheet
The purpose of this grant program is to assist small, City of Fredericksburg businesses and non-profits in developing their respective companies and organizations through E-Commerce.
The Fredericksburg Economic Development Authority (EDA) has established a matching grant program to help existing Fredericksburg small businesses grow revenues and jobs through the implementation of E-Commerce.
The EDA has engaged Vectec Solutions, to manage the program and projects. Vectec Solutions will meet with interested small businesses, advise on the type of project that will help them achieve their goals, develop a scope of work and a price and forward the package to the Fredericksburg Department of Economic development and Tourism who then make the grant awards on behalf of the EDA. Vectec Solutions' resources include Fredericksburg area web development companies who have been qualified under this program as sub-contractors.
Vectec Services Include:
- Search engine optimization assessment (with implementation if necessary)
- Website design and development - repair of broken and ineffectual sites
- E-Commerce marketing education/consulting
- Portable, scalable shopping systems with a client administrative interface
- Internet security
- Custom database development
- Assistance with eVA (electronic Virginia) interface for businesses engaging in business to business and business to government selling online
Grants will not cover hosting and maintenance costs for businesses.
Grants are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Maximum awards for Fredericksburg existing small private businesses are $2,000 each, not to exceed 50% of total project cost.
Grant Process / How Program Works
- Interested businesses must first contact the Fredericksburg Department of Economic Development and Tourism at 540-372-1216 or may contact Vectec Solutions at 757-243-8700, or by email. Vectec Solutions usual client interview process will determine eligibility. Projects must be legal, ethical and commercially viable, and project potential (job growth and retention, increased revenues, etc.) is assessed.
- Each grant award is subject to the prior review and approval of Fredericksburg Department of Economic Development and Tourism.
- Fredericksburg businesses must show proof of current location/business license/business taxes along with their online grant application.
- Approved Fredericksburg grant recipients pay their portion of the project cost at time of signing the Vectec Solutions Agreement and Statement of Work. This is a matching grant program and participating businesses are required to provide the cash match up front to Vectec.
- Fredericksburg EDA grant funds are paid to Vectec upon project completion.
Contact Vectec Solutions with questions at 757-243-8700, or email.
*Fredericksburg city employees, employee spouses, EDA Board Members, spouses or other city officials and spouses are not eligible to participate in grant program.
EDA Staff Contact
- Amy Peregoy
Economic Development Specialist
Department of Economic Development and Tourism
706 Caroline Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401